Game of Thrones, Iceland – private experience in super jeep from Reykjavik
We will pick up you at Reykjavik hotels with a local guide. Climb aboard our comfortable 4×4 jeep and we will take you on a journey along the screen worthy scenery in southern part of Iceland. As you travel, the guide will give an introduction to Iceland’s role in the filming of Game of Thrones and show you the hidden , secret and beautiful gems of Iceland.
Lets discover the beautiful parts of Iceland where some of the scenes from Game of Thrones were filmed!
Itinerary and tour description :
- We will stop by at Laxnes horse farm. Here you can see and meet the Icelandic horses which strode in the series of Game of Thrones.
2. Next stop will beat the PORUFOSS waterfall (Laxa i Kjos River ). This is the precise spot where one of Daenerys Targaryens’ dragons attacked the local goat in Merren in Game of Thrones.
3. Next stop will be Thingvellir National Park, a 40-minute drive from Reykajvik.. This UNESCO World Heritage Site was the set for many of the scenes in Game of Thrones featuring the White Walkers. Disembark from the car to check out the gorge of Thingvellir. On this location Iceland is getting larger as the European and American tectonic plates are slowly drifting apart, causing a massive crack in the earth’s surface. Almannagjá gorge in Thingvellir was used to film scenes depicting the Bloody gate of the Eyrie. In the Age of Heroes dozens armies had dashed themselves to pieces in this gorge! We also will visit Hengilssvaedid mountain – the fighting scene between the Hound and Brienne.
4. Then we will continue the journey to visit some medieval Stöng – Viking houses. Here you can re-imagine the scene where a quiet farming village, south of the wall, was attacked by Wildlings and the Thenns – Ollys in Games of Thrones.
5. Our next stop (depending on season / weather) will be amazing and a must visit! Thjorsárdalur valley.
6. Further down the road you will be able to experience the amazing, second highest waterfall in Iceland: Haifoss.
7. The mysterious Hjalparfoss. Surrounded with several stoned Trolls, another must visit place!
8. Before returning to Reykjavik we will conclude your exiting tour at the Secret lagoon. This is one of the oldest hot pots in Iceland!! Drinking a beer in this very hot pool is the best experience after Game of Thrones private tour J
Highlights for Game of Thrones tour from Reykjavik:
Season 4, Episode 6: “The Laws of Gods and Man”
Season 4, episode 10 “ The Children”
Season 4, episode 5” First of his name” and episode 8,”The Mountain and the Viper”
Season 4, episode 3 “ Breaker of Chains”
Stöng – Viking houses
Hekla volcano (the most dangerous volcano in Iceland)
Join us for Game of Thrones Private Tour
- 1 person in the 4×4 jeep – 44.500 ISK
- 2 persons in the jeep – 41.500 ISK/person
- 3 persons – 39.500 ISK/person
- 4 persons – 37.500 ISK/person
Duration: 10 hours
Available: all year, note : some of the places can be changed due to weather conditions (only during winter)
Included: secret lagoon entrance, laxness farm entrance, caffe, tea, water, chocolate
What to bring: Warm (and rain) clothes , swimming suits. Cameras, smile:)