Private Luxury Jeep Tour - Hot Golden Circle
Our Private Luxury Golden Circle Tour is the best way to see some of Iceland's most well-known and stunning sights in a single day, in comfort and luxury.
Þingvellir (or Thingvellir) National Park, one of the tour's highlights, is our first stop. On the way there, we take many breaks to give you the greatest views of Þingvallavatn, Iceland's biggest natural lake. Thingvellir is well-known for hosting the Alþing, Iceland's parliament, which met here from the eleventh through the seventeenth century. Thingvellir National Park is situated in a rift valley created by the collision of the European and North American continents, the adrenaline rush of having one foot in Europe and the other in America is accessible here. Another attraction in the national park is the Silfra Fissure, famous among scuba divers who travel from all over the globe to dive in its pure glacial water.
On our Private Luxury Golden Circle Tour, we allow you additional time to wander about and take photographs so you don't have to hurry as you would on a conventional bus tour.
The very picturesque Laugarvatn lake is our next destination. This lake, located in the Icelandic countryside, has warm waters and is home to one of Iceland's most famous spas, Fontana. We stop at Efstidalur Organic Farm Restaurant, where you can enjoy some great local food as well as their ice cream.
Next on the itinerary are Geysir and Gullfoss, for additional photo ops and more time to explore Iceland's wonders.
Strokkur erupts every 10 minutes, flinging a column of water into the air to a height of 20 to 30 meters, and it is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Iceland.
Gullfoss, often known as the Golden Waterfall, is a beautiful waterfall found in a picturesque canyon on the Hvita River.
All yea round, we stop at the Secret Lagoon in Fluðir, a tiny hamlet with one of Iceland's oldest natural swimming pools. Whether you're a tourist or an Icelander, this natural geothermal pool is a terrific way to finish your luxury tour of Iceland's Golden Circle. You may schedule a bath in the hidden lagoon as an "Extra" at check-out if you'd like.
If time allows, we will make further stops to explore some lesser-known locations, such as Faxi waterfall, and you will get the opportunity to meet some Icelandic horses.
On our journey back to Reykjavik, we'll stop at Kerið, a stunning crater with a volcanic lake within.
During the summer, our Premium Golden Circle Tour begins with a drive through Nesjavellir, one of Iceland's most spectacular highways that extends between mountains and historic craters. This road is locked during the winter months so we take a different route in the winter.
To see what others have to say about us, go over to our Facebook page.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English speaking guide
- Free Wi-Fi on board our luxury jeep
- Entrance to Kerið
What's not included
- Entrance ticket to the Secret Lagoon
- Crystal Ice Cave Tour (winter only and upon request)
What do I need to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Comfortable waterproof walking shoes
- Hats, mittens, and scarves
- Swimsuit and towel if you want to bathe in the Secret Lagoon. (towels can also be rented at the pool)
- This is a luxury tour onboard our modified 4x4 jeep, which guarantees a unique experience of Iceland at a slower pace and with your own private guide.
- Pick-up/drop-off from your accommodation in Reykjavik, please confirm at time of booking.
- Pick-up and drop-off are possible from Keflavik Airport or outside Reykjavik metropolitan area, with an additional charge. Please let us know when booking.
- The weather in Iceland can be quite unpredictable. Occasionally, the tour itinerary might be altered if weather and road conditions are unfavorable.
- If you take this tour in the winter (November to February), please keep in mind that, due to limited daylight hours in Iceland in the winter, much driving will be done in the dark. While we do our best to make sure you have a great experience of the main attractions, some sites might be visited in dusk or darkness, or even skipped.