The Game of Thrones Experience
Come explore the fantastical sites of Iceland with our Luxury Drive Game of Thrones Tour! This exclusive adventure offers a chance to visit stunning locations and relive some iconic moments from the show. We'll begin at Þórufoss waterfall, tucked away in Laxá Kjós river—where Drogon famously searched for goats in Meereen. Marvel at this breathtakingly beautiful backdrop featured on one of Fantasy's most epic television series!
We enter the mythical realm of Þingvellir/Thingvellir National Park, a fantastical landscape steeped in history. This UNESCO World Heritage Site boasts not only being home to the world's first Parliament but also where two ancient tectonic plates collide! We traverse through Almannagjá canyon - recognized by fans as its appearance in Game of Thrones as The Bloody Gate- and visit Öxarárfoss waterfall that Arya galloped past after her fight with Brienne. Unveil this mystical wonderland for yourself: nothing quite compares to standing at the edge between two worlds!
We journeyed to the spectacular Þjóðveldisbærinn Stöng, a Viking farmhouse tucked away in the mythical Þjórsárdalur valley of southern Iceland. This was where Olly's village had been attacked by Wildlings and mercilessly ravaged; it sparks an eerie feeling yet captivates with its serenity nonetheless. Our exploration then takes us further along this scenic route towards Háifoss – one of Iceland’s highest waterfalls hidden within these valleys - before making our way to enchanting Gjáin valley, whose natural wonders served as backdrop for Arya Stark learning her skills in combat!
Fan of the show or not, this is a truly memorable tour, make sure to bring a camera to capture memories.
At the end of our Game of Thrones Tour, we drive you back to your accommodation in Reykjavik.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English speaking guide
- Free Wi-Fi onboard the luxury jeep
What's not included
What do I need to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Comfortable waterproof walking shoes
- Hats, mittens, and scarves
- This is a luxury tour onboard our modified 4x4 jeep, which guarantees a unique experience of Iceland at a slower pace and with your own private guide.
- Pick-up/drop-off from your accommodation in Reykjavik, please confirm at time of booking.
- Pick-up and drop-off are possible from Keflavik Airport or outside Reykjavik metropolitan area, with an additional charge. Please let us know when booking.
- The weather in Iceland can be quite unpredictable. Occasionally, the tour itinerary might be altered if weather and road conditions are unfavorable.
- If you take this tour in the winter (November to February), please keep in mind that, due to limited daylight hours in Iceland in the winter, much driving will be done in the dark. While we do our best to make sure you have a great experience of the main attractions, some sites might be visited in dusk or darkness, or even skipped.