Private Northern Lights Luxury Tour
- Northern Lights hunt
- Super jeep ride
- Evening adventure away from the city lights
- Best chance to see the northern lights in Iceland
- Local knowledge about the Northern Lights
- Please note! Available: September - March
Have you always wanted to experience the Aurora Borealis dance across the night sky? Then our Private Northern Lights Jeep Tour is the ideal option to embark on a hunt for the awe-inspiring lights. Let's hunt some aurora together!
Best time to see northern lights in Iceland
Northern lights in Iceland may be viewed from September through March, and they're among the most breathtaking sights you'll ever see.
It need to be dark to see the Northern Lights.
Best place to see Northern Lights in Iceland
Because the likelihood of seeing the Northern Lights is so variable and dependent on many factors, including weather and cloud coverage, there is no definitive answer to this question.
What cause the northern lights?
- As we now know, the collision of solar winds with the Earth's magnetic field is what causes the Northern Lights to appear. They occur in the upper atmosphere, where their colors and forms are determined by the altitudes at which they appear and the acceleration of the sun particles.
- The Northern Lights, or Norðurljós in Icelandic, are a spectacular show of lights dancing across the night sky, resembling a gigantic fire from a distance, with magnificent flames blazing over the whole sky in continual motion. For millennia, the Northern Lights have captivated people with their vibrant hues and hypnotic movement.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English speaking tour guide
- Free Wi-Fi on board the luxury jeep
What's not included
* test - excluded
What do I need to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Comfortable waterproof walking shoes
- Hats, mittens, and scarves
- This is a luxury tour on board our modified 4x4 jeep, which guarantees a unique experience of Iceland at a slower pace and with your own private guide.
- Pick-up/drop-off from your accommodation in Reykjavik, please confirm at time of booking.
- Pick-up and drop-off are possible from Keflavik Airport or outside Reykjavik metropolitan area, with an additional charge. Please let us know when booking.
- The weather in Iceland can be quite unpredictable. Occasionally, the tour itinerary might be altered if weather and road conditions are unfavorable.
- All driving is done in darkness and no sightseeing is involved.This tour is specifically designed to hunt for northern lights.
- Although we do our best to find the best locations for you to see the lights, Northern Lights sightings can never be fully predicted and are never guaranteed
- If luck is not on our side and we don't get to see the northern lights during the tour, we offer you the chance to take the tour another day or a complimentary visit Iceland's first and only planetarium in Perlan's Wonders of Iceland Museum, where you can see the Árora show and experience the northern lights.