Private Luxury Jeep Tour - Landmannalaugar Day Trip from Reykjavik
This private luxury jeep tour to Landmannalaugar will transport you to the breathtaking Icelandic Highlands, where you will be awestruck by the sight of vibrant mountains and sizzling rivers.
The journey to Landmannalaugar is an adventure in and of itself, as we drive on gravel, bumpy F-Roads, and cross rivers in our luxury 4x4 jeep, ensuring fun and amazing memories in all comfort.
Our Private Luxury Landmannalaugar Jeep Tour starts with a pick-up from your accommodation in Reykjavik before we head towards the spectacular Icelandic Highlands. On the way, we visit the beautiful Háifoss waterfall, the High Waterfall. This spectacular waterfall cascades 122 meters down a two-million-year-old cliff into a tiny canyon and is a spectacular sight to see.
We continue our private luxury journey towards the highlands, to Landmannalaugar. Through the windows of our comfy luxury 4x4 Jeep, you will be able to view the ever-changing scenery and the spectacular colors of the mountains in Landmannalaugar, which almost look unreal.
Once at Landmannalaugar, we find a campground with a little cafe serving drinks, coffee, and snacks. There are several easy hikes from the campsite that take you across the mountains with their vibrant colors and the neighboring lava field. The area's primary feature is a natural hot spring where you may, if you wish, have a peaceful bath, so bring your swimsuit and towel.
On our journey back, we take a somewhat different route, crossing a few rivers and passing near Hekla, Iceland's most famous active volcano, before driving you back to your hotel in Reykjavik.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (in Reykjavik Metropolitan area)
- English speaking guide
- Free Wi-Fi on board our luxury jeep
What's not included
What do I need to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Comfortable waterproof walking shoes
- Hats, mittens and scarves
- This is a luxury tour onboard our modified 4x4 jeep, which guarantees a unique experience of Iceland at a slower pace and with your own private guide.
- Pick-up/drop-off from your accommodation in Reykjavik, please confirm at time of booking.
- Pick-up and drop-off are possible from Keflavik Airport or outside Reykjavik metropolitan area, with an additional charge. Please let us know when booking.
- The weather in Iceland can be quite unpredictable. Occasionally, the tour itinerary might be altered if weather and road conditions are unfavorable.
- This tour is only available in the summer, once the roads to the Highlands have been opened.