Private Luxury Jeep Tour - South Coast and Sólheimajökull Glacier
Our Private Luxury South Coast Jeep Tour is ideal for anyone looking to see the most popular attractions along Iceland's South Coast in luxury and comfort.
The tour begins with a pick-up from your Reykjavik hotel in our comfy luxury jeep, and our first destination of the day is Skógafoss, a massive waterfall visible from the Rig Road. A stairway runs up the grassy hill beside the waterfall; you can climb up there for stunning views of the waterfall and Iceland's south shore.
Sólheimajökull, one of Iceland's most fascinating glaciers, is our next destination. Sólheimajökull is a glacier tongue of Mýrdalsjökull, a huge glacier on Iceland's South Coast, located slightly off the main road. A well-paved road runs from the car park to the glacier's edge, where you can snap some wonderful photos of the ice with its black stripes formed by volcano ashes and boulders, and observe the lagoon forming in front of it as the glacier tragically melts due to climate change.
We then continue our visit to the Dyrhólaey cliffs, which offer a spectacular panoramic view of the surrounding region, and to Reynisfjara, the famous black sand beach with basalt columns and caves.
Following that is Vík, a lovely fishing community on the south coast, also known for its volcanic beaches and sea stacks.
Our Private Luxury South Coast Jeep Tour continues to Seljalandsfoss, one of the most famous Icelandic waterfalls, with a walkway behind it. Bring waterproof clothing because the walk leads directly behind the waterfall and you will most certainly be wet, but the photographs you will be able to shoot from there are well worth it. Only a 5-minute walk from Seljalandsfoss in the canyon is another lovely waterfall, Gljúfrabúi, ready to be discovered and enjoyed.
Get ready to explore Iceland's south coast in luxury for a fantastic experience.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English speaking guide
- Free Wi-Fi onboard the luxury jeep
What's not included
What do I need to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Comfortable waterproof walking shoes
- Hats, mittens, and scarves
- This is a luxury tour onboard our modified 4x4 jeep, which guarantees a unique experience of Iceland at a slower pace and with your own private guide.
- Pick-up/drop-off from your accommodation in Reykjavik, please confirm at time of booking.
- Pick-up and drop-off are possible from Keflavik Airport or outside Reykjavik metropolitan area, with an additional charge. Please let us know when booking.
- The weather in Iceland can be quite unpredictable. Occasionally, the tour itinerary might be altered if weather and road conditions are unfavorable.
- If you take this tour in the winter (November to February), please keep in mind that, due to limited daylight hours in Iceland in the winter, much driving will be done in the dark. While we do our best to make sure you have a great experience of the main attractions, some sites might be visited in dusk or darkness, or even skipped.