Private Luxury Jeep Tour - Glacier Lagoon and Diamond Beach
From Reykjavik, go on an extraordinary journey through Iceland's south coast to the spectacular Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon on our Private Luxury Glacier Lagoon and Diamond Beach Day Tour.
Discover and learn about Iceland's nature, history, and traditions with your private tour guide as you travel through Iceland's south coast in our luxury modified 4X4 jeep to the Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon.
We pick you up in the morning to start our fantastic and memorable journey to some of Iceland's most beautiful natural attractions. Two popular destinations are Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss, two magnificent waterfalls we will stop at in the first half of the day.
Following these gorgeous sights is another fascinating place, Sólheimajökull, a glacier tongue located between two renowned Icelandic volcanoes, Kalta and Eyjafjallajökull. The glacier is easily accessible, thanks to a short path leading to a viewpoint and up to the glacier crest, from where you can admire the different shapes and colors that characterize this glacier.
After a brief visit to Sólheimajökull, our Private Luxury Glacier Lagoon and Diamond Beach Tour continues to the lovely fishing hamlet of Vk, with its black beaches and sea stacks, and then to Skaftafell and Vatnajökull National Parks, where you will be able to get up and personal with some incredible glacier tongues.
The final destinations and highlights of the journey are Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, with its floating icebergs, and the Diamond Beach, where the remaining pieces of the icebergs collect and shine like diamonds on the black beach. You will earn about the formation of the Glacier Lagoon and you also have the option to join an exciting boat excursion on the lagoon (available May to October) to get even closer to the icebergs and maybe even get to touch them. Please note that the boat rides are optional and not included in the price. Please make sure you book your seats in advance as they get sold out pretty quickly. If you reserve too late, we can't guarantee a spot on the tour.
A less crowded alternative to Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon is another lagoon, Fjallsárlón, a little smaller but just as beautiful. Here you may take a boat excursion to observe the glacier up close and learn from local tour guides about the floating icebergs. Please let us know if you are interested in taking a boat ride on Fjallsárlón when booking your Private Luxury Glacier Lagoon and Diamond Beach Tour.
On this exclusive luxury trip, you will have plenty of time to visit each location, breaks for lunch and dinner, as well as extra comfort stops to provide a memorable experience.
We may make further stops to observe waterfalls, glacier tongues, and canyons depending on the weather and scheduling.
We will transport you back to your chosen hotel in Reykjavik at the end of the trip.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English speaking guide
- Free WiFi on board our luxury jeep
- Parking fees
What's not included
- Boat Ride tickets
What do I need to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Comfortable waterproof walking shoes
- Hats, mittens and scarves
- This is a luxury tour onboard our modified 4x4 jeep, which guarantees a unique experience of Iceland at a slower pace and with your own private guide.
- Pick-up/drop-off from your accommodation in Reykjavik, please confirm at time of booking.
- Pick-up and drop-off are possible from Keflavik Airport or outside Reykjavik metropolitan area, with an additional charge. Please let us know when booking.
- The weather in Iceland can be quite unpredictable. Occasionally, the tour itinerary might be altered if weather and road conditions are unfavorable.
- If you take this tour in the winter (November to February), please keep in mind that, due to limited daylight hours in Iceland in the winter, much driving will be done in the dark. While we do our best to make sure you have a great experience of the main attractions, some sites might be visited in dusk or darkness, or even skipped.