Experience the wonder of nature and explore one of Iceland's best-kept secrets on a private luxury jeep tour to the Westman Islands from Reykjavik. Our 4x4 begins its journey alongs stunning South Coast, passing by Seljalandsfoss waterfall before arriving at Landeyjahöfn Harbor for your ferry ride across beautiful Vestmannayjar.
Join us on this magical excursion to explore the captivating cliffs and slopes of some of Iceland's most stunning Westman Islands. With our reliable jeep, you'll make your way in complete comfort as we sail toward Heimaey - the largest inhabited island - where romantic-looking buildings dot small islands that were once used for puffin hunting by locals. Enjoy a meal or quick refreshment at one of the ferry restaurants during your journey.
Discover the incredible volcanic history of Vestmannaeyjar archipelago in Eldheimar Museum, a unique interactive space honoring an eruption that rocked the islands. Surtsey's formation from 1967 underwater eruptions and 1973’s tragic but mesmerizing eruption on Eldfell volcano will keep you captivated during your visit to this atmospheric museum built around remnants of homes destroyed by lava flow.
Witness the beauty of nature as you hike up Eldfell volcano and feel its still-warm rocks, remnants from an eruption. Our luxurious exploration continues at Stórhöfi – Europe's windiest point where Nature absorbs us with a mesmerizing view of these unique islands! Here we meet some friendly sheep while keeping our eyes peeled for majestic puffins gracefully soaring among them during their summer visit.
Take a journey to Herjólfsdalur, an idyllic valley wrapped in lush green hills and towering cliffs. Marvel at the beautiful Elephant Rock rising from its natural surroundings as we explore where Westman Islands' settlers once called home.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (in Reykjavik Metropolitan area)
- Transport by private luxury jeep
- Round trip ferry transport
- Entrance fee to Eldheimar museum
- English speaking guide
- Free WiFi on board our luxury jeep
What's not included
- Any other activity not included
What do I need to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Comfortable waterproof walking shoes
- Hats, mittens and scarves
- Please choose the right number of travelers from the extras menu. This will apply all the fees for the museum and ferry
- This is a luxury tour onboard our modified 4x4 jeep, which guarantees a unique experience of Iceland at a slower pace and with your own private guide.
- Pick-up/drop-off from your accommodation in Reykjavik, please confirm at time of booking.
- Pick-up and drop-off are possible from Keflavik Airport or outside Reykjavik metropolitan area, with an additional charge. Please let us know when booking.
- There is a café on the ferry for food, drinks and snacks.
- The weather in Iceland can be quite unpredictable. Occasionally, especially during winter, the tour itinerary might be altered if weather and road conditions are unfavorable.
- Due to limited daylight hours during winter, much driving will be done in the dark. Some sites might be visited in dusk or darkness during the winter months (November to February) or even skipped.
- Puffins are only visible in Iceland during the summer months (May-August) and sightings, although very likely on the Westman Islands, are not guaranteed.