Private Luxury Jeep Tour - Game of Thrones Experience
If you're a Game of Thrones enthusiast, you'll love our Private Luxury Game of Thrones Jeep Tour, which takes you to some of the Icelandic locations featured in the iconic HBO series.
Iceland, with its stunning and out-of-this-world scenery, provided the perfect background for various sequences in the program, as you will see when we explore some of them.
Þórufoss waterfall is the first destination on our Private Luxury Game of Thrones Jeep Tour. This waterfall, which is less-known than others in the nation, is attractively concealed along the river Laxá Kjós and appears in Game of Thrones as Drogon the dragon searches for goats in Meereen. A spectacular waterfall for a ferocious scene!
We continue with a visit to Þingvellir/Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site notable for being the location of the world's first parliament, the Alþing, which was established in 930 and held here until 1798. Thingvellir is also known for being positioned where the North American and European tectonic plates are sliding apart. Almannagjá, a spectacular canyon in Thingvellir, was utilized to portray the Bloody Gate, the passage to the Eyrie used by Little Finger and Sansa Stark, as well as Arya and the Hound, and to shoot sequences with the Wildlings. We also visit Öxarárfoss waterfall, which was shown in the episode with Arya standing next to it on a horse following a fight.
We continue our luxury trip to Þjóðveldisbærinn Stöng, the Commonwealth Farm, a replica of a Viking farmhouse, located in the picturesque Þjórsárdalur valley in the southern Icelandic Highlands. This was the ideal setting for a village in the North, and it is specifically Olly's village, that the Wildlings ransacked and attacked, slaughtering farmers.
Not far from Stöng, in the same valley, is a beautiful waterfall, Háifoss, often overlooked by visitors. It is Iceland's second-highest waterfall, and we visit it on our way to Gjáin, a tranquil fairytale-like valley with gorgeous waterfalls and lava formations that was utilized in a scene when Arya was learning to fight.
If you're a fan of the show, don't miss out on this luxury and comfort tour of some of its most beautiful filming locations in southwest Iceland.
At the end of our Private Luxury Game of Thrones Tour, we take you back to your accommodation in Reykjavik.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English speaking guide
- Free Wi-Fi onboard the luxury jeep
What's not included
What do I need to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Comfortable waterproof walking shoes
- Hats, mittens, and scarves
- This is a luxury tour onboard our modified 4x4 jeep, which guarantees a unique experience of Iceland at a slower pace and with your own private guide.
- Pick-up/drop-off from your accommodation in Reykjavik, please confirm at time of booking.
- Pick-up and drop-off are possible from Keflavik Airport or outside Reykjavik metropolitan area, with an additional charge. Please let us know when booking.
- The weather in Iceland can be quite unpredictable. Occasionally, the tour itinerary might be altered if weather and road conditions are unfavorable.
- If you take this tour in the winter (November to February), please keep in mind that, due to limited daylight hours in Iceland in the winter, much driving will be done in the dark. While we do our best to make sure you have a great experience of the main attractions, some sites might be visited in dusk or darkness, or even skipped.