Private Luxury Jeep Tour - Thórsmörk Valley of Thor Adventure
Join us on an out-of-the-ordinary luxury jeep excursion to the Þórsmörk (Thórsmörk) natural reserve, a favorite location for hikers, photographers, and nature enthusiasts hidden amid glaciers in the Southern Highlands of Iceland.
The experience begins when we pick you up from your hotel in Reykjavik in our luxury 4x4 jeep and begin our journey along Iceland's south coast. First, we visit the world-famous Seljalandsfoss, the spectacular waterfall that you can walk behind for a fascinating experience and some fantastic photographs.
We pick you up from your Reykjavik hotel with our luxury 4x4 jeep and start our journey along Iceland's south coast. Our first stop is the famed Seljalandsfoss, the iconic waterfall you can walk behind for a fascinating experience and great pictures.
We leave the Ring Road and begin driving towards Thórsmörk, the Valley of Thor, a natural wonder named after the Norse god of thunder and situated between three glaciers: Tindfjallajökull, Mrdalsjökull, and the world-famous Eyjafjallajökull, the glacier-topped volcano that erupted in 2010, disrupting air traffic throughout Europe and the world.
Thórsmörk's heart is situated between the Krossá, Þröngá, and Markarfljót rivers. Thórsmörk is not only a beautiful place to visit but a unique landscape in Iceland and the world, with powerful glacial rivers, vivid green moss-covered areas, birch forests, and black desert plains.
Our Private Luxury Jeep Tour to Thórsmörk, the Valley of Thor, takes you to the heart of Thórsmörk, which is only accessible during the summer months, where you can take in the unique beauty of Icelandic nature as you get up close and personal with roaring rivers, frozen glacier tongues, green mountains, and caves.
We stop at the glacier tongue Gígjökull, from where you may hike up to the brink of Eyjafjallajökull volcano. We also stop at Stakkholtsgjá Canyon where you can enter the mountainside and gaze up at stunning 100-meter high cliffs towering above your head.
In our comfy 4x4 jeep, we cross rivers and go deeper into Thórsmörk, where you will be able to take short hikes and enjoy breath-taking views of the valley with luxury and comfort.
After taking all this beauty in, we drive you back to your hotel in Reykjavik at the end of our Private Luxury Jeep Thórsmörk Tour.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (in Reykjavik Metropolitan area)
- English speaking guide
- Free Wi-Fi on board our luxury jeep
What's not included
What do I need to bring
- Warm and waterproof clothing
- Comfortable waterproof walking shoes
- Hats, mittens and scarves
- This is a luxury tour onboard our modified 4x4 jeep, which guarantees a unique experience of Iceland at a slower pace and with your own private guide.
- Pick-up/drop-off from your accommodation in Reykjavik, please confirm at time of booking.
- Pick-up and drop-off are possible from Keflavik Airport or outside Reykjavik metropolitan area, with an additional charge. Please let us know when booking.
- The weather in Iceland can be quite unpredictable. Occasionally, the tour itinerary might be altered if weather and road conditions are unfavorable.
- This tour is only available in the summer, once the roads to the Thórsmörk have been opened.